Saturday, June 12, 2010

Day 97 - June 12, 2010

3 or so easy miles

Pete and I are both feeling a little dread about doing our 20 milers by ourselves next week. I'm sure we will both make it, and be fine, but it would be a lot nicer to do it together. It is a really long time to be out there by yourself, and in some ways it just seems like...I hesitate to write the word I really want to write here. I really don't like to run longer than two hours, and this will take double that amount of time. If we were out there together, at least it would feel like good quality time together, but in some ways it just feels a little indulgent.
Really though, I keep telling myself, to run the marathon we really only have to do about six runs over two hours. It is only a small sacrifice to reach our goal, and pushing yourself can be a really good thing. Also, in the back of my mind, I keep thinking how these long training runs make 13.1 seem short in comparison. Look out two hours, I will not miss you by 7 seconds next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment