Sunday, April 4, 2010

Day 28 - April 4, 2010

Me 4 miles (Oh. So. Slow. No watch)
Sylvia .25 miles (Helped Dad warm-up for his tempo run)
And a few hours later
Me 2.25 miles
Sylvia 1.125 miles 18:44

Before Sylvia started her marathon, I was worried she would not complete the 25 miles by July 9th, but now I am worried she is going to complete it by the end of April, and she will end up pestering me about the trophy for three months! Really, though, I could not be happier by how excited she is, and more just by how much she seems to be enjoying it. I certainly love having a training schedule, a goal, and being able to slowly work towards it. I guess it runs in the family.
Pete did a couple of laps around the block this morning with Sylvia to warm up before his tempo run. Later (after a few hours of swimming - can you believe the energy level of this five year old?) she decided she wanted to run over to Grandma's for Easter dinner. Owen wanted to run over there too, but I knew more than a mile would be much more than he could handle.
I thought Sylvia might like some music, so we put on our running shoes and Vampire Weekend and headed over to Grandma and Ken's house. We both enjoyed having a goal outside of just going around the block, and it felt amazing to me. Sylvia and I were really going for our first run together, and it was so much fun. After a few blocks, we decided to walk the shaded portions of the sidewalk and run in the sun. It was a great way for her to get some walk breaks, and making a game out of things never hurts.
After dropping Sylvia off at Grandma and Ken's house, I ran home to pick up Owen. (He insisted he wanted to ride his bike over there, but when I got back home, he was just fine with riding in the car). I must say, it took me about half as long to get home, but it sure felt a lot longer without my newest running companion.

No comments:

Post a Comment