Sunday, April 18, 2010

Day 42 - April 18, 2010



7.4 miles 1:08:30 Earth Race
This run was supposed to be a six mile tempo run. The race description said it would include "hospital hill", but I figured a nice big hill mid-race would be good for me.
The first shock came when they told us the 10k would be a two laps on the 5k course. The 5k course included Peet's Hill, so we would be doing it two times. Mentally, I adjusted my time goal, but still thought the race would be fun. When we rounded out the first loop and my GPS said 3.5 (with the finish for the 5k still blocks away) I knew we would actually end up running close to 7.5 miles for the 10k, including Peet's Hill two times. Not really a 6 mile tempo run. We'd already done the first lap about as fast as I could go, just trying to keep up with Pete, so I had no choice but just to just keep going! It turned out to be a much more challenging run than I anticipated, but it was still a lot of fun. The kids were waiting for us at the finish line, and it was a gorgeous morning (even though I was very overdressed) we all really enjoyed the sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment