Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Day 45 - April 21, 2010

12 miles 2:15


What a run! It started out terribly. We were running into a horrible headwind, and Pete was very grouchy and cursing at it (and me). By the last couple of miles, the wind was at our backs, and Pete was making me laugh so hard, I kept having to stop so I wouldn't pee my pants. I think we went through every emotion out there, but I'm glad we ended up on a good one.

I've always tried to do my long runs around a ten minute pace, regardless of if I was training for a half marathon or a marathon (with exception of the last round, where we were running our long runs between 8:45-9:00). After reading Born to Run, I'm going to just assume I was probably running the long runs too fast. I like these easy paced long runs. If I feel I have to run long and with a pace in mind, I end up dreading the run, and not enjoying it all. Really, what is the point of training for a marathon if you don't enjoy the long run?

No comments:

Post a Comment