Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day 81 - May 27, 2010

5 easy miles


Another pain free run (and not much wind either)!! I am now anxious and ready for the Frank Newman Half Marathon this weekend. It is a special race for me. It was my first half marathon, in 2007, and the only half I've ever run in under 2 hours. It is a downhill course, and that time is unofficial. Pete and I ran the race as two person marathon relay team. The second half is actually closer to 14 miles (which we will be running together on Saturday). I used my GPS watch to clock 13.1 miles at 1:55. In any case, our full marathon relay time was somewhere just over 4 hours (even though Pete got the short half, he had all of the uphill), and we won a trophy! Okay, there was only one other team in our division, but it sure it nice to win a trophy in your first half marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment