Thursday, May 20, 2010

Updates...

I am trying not to panic. The ankle is still quite sore today. I obviously skipped my scheduled two miler. In the two miler's place, I did some strength training, some stretching, foam roller, kicking in the pool, and thirty minutes on the elliptical. It was really an experiment to see what hurts and what helps. I'm thinking I'll ban myself to pool running, if anything, at least until Sunday. I felt okay on the elliptical trainer, but when I got off, it was very stiff. I don't want to do anything at all to aggravate it until I test it out in a few days. A sore spot (still refusing to call it an injury) at this point in marathon training is really terrifying. I'm at a critical point as far as mileage. I still need to get in the miles so I am able to complete the race, but I also need to baby it enough so it recovers and I am able to make it to the start line. I am trying to ease my mind my reminding myself, I've had many sore spots like this over the last three years, and with the exception of my IT Band, I was able to work them out in just a week or two. Patience. Patience. Patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment