Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 1 - March 8, 2010

4.11 Miles 40:44 minutes

Today was the first day of our 18 week training cycle. On the schedule…a four mile run. On the upside, it was a beautiful spring morning, warm and sunny. In my dreaded alphabetical play list (I'm intent on listening to every song in my MP3 player in alphabetical order), three of my favorite running songs played (K’Naan’s Dreamer, Drummer by Davy, and Easy Plateau by Ryan Adams). Sounds nice, but honestly, my knee and entire leg felt tight. I could feel a slight throbbing in left temple (probably a little dehydrated from Saturday night’s wine fest), and my stomach felt horrible from a too recent breakfast. Sometimes I’m so anxious to get out there, I forget I need to let my food digest for a few minutes.

As you can see from my pace above, I am no speedster, and am really just barely a middle of the packer. I haven’t run with a watch or GPS for a few months, so I wasn’t really sure about my current "easy pace". I hoped it magically went from 10 minute miles to 9 minute miles, but…no. My comfortable pace is still right around 10 minute miles.

Pete and I both "conquered" the four mile easy run this sunny Monday morning. He works a seven on/seven off schedule, so during his off week, we get a lot of time to run, although on most days we take turns running and entertaining the kids.

Tonight we made it official by registering for the race, and creating this blog. No turning back now....

1 comment:

  1. So awesome you two! I am back to running finally, after taking over a year off with India. I am running the 10k at the Pub Run and it will be the longest race I have ever done. Maybe by the time Tim and I celebrate our 10 year (in 4 more years) I will be ready for a marathon. Although my current pace is an 11-12 minute mile and his is around 8 or less.

    ReplyDelete