Sunday, March 21, 2010

Day 14 - March 21, 2010

8 miles 1 hour 24 minutes

I must admit, it felt quite good to put on my headphones and escape the filthy house this morning. I didn't just take two unplanned rest days from running, but also from my household chores. I spent 20 hours sleeping off strep throat on Friday, and spent most of the day yesterday on the mountain for the last ski day of the season. (Oh, I have to admit, I'm such a proud Mom watching Sylvia ski). The results of two days off around here were not pretty, for my body or the house.
I started out today a little dehydrated, probably low on iron, with a freshly bruised knee (the bad one) from banging it on the truck hitch yesterday. It didn't matter. It felt great to leave behind a dirty house and an annoyed husband (annoyed by my nagging, of course) and head out into the spring sunshine.
The run felt easy. As you can see from my pace, I was not pushing it. The pace is not even really accurate. I stopped my watch at red lights. I was worried if I didn't do that, I'd end up with an eleven-minute mile pace, so I guess I cheated a bit. In some ways I celebrate the easiness of this run, but, really, I know better than that. In a few weeks an 8 mile run will only be half a long run, and I doubt even stopping the watch at red lights will save me from an eleven-minute pace.

And...one quick unrelated question....Does anyone else suffer from motion sickness or vertigo while running with sunglasses? So wierd!

1 comment:

  1. That's probably more nausea from dehydration, sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete