Friday, March 26, 2010

Day 19 - March 26, 2010

4 quality miles - warm up, 1 mile @ 8:35, 8X15 second hill repeats, 1 mile @8:50, cool

This week, Pete and I add tempo runs and quality runs to the schedule. The "quality" runs should include hills or speed intervals, or both!

Looking here at my times, I can't help but be a little disappointed. I only compete with myself. A lot of people will always be faster than me, and there will always be people slower than me, but I really like to see my times improve. These times are certainly not an improvement. It seems the more I run, the slower I am...

2 comments:

  1. Don't get "caught up" in your failures. If you do, you will tend to overlook the times when you surprise yourself. Hang in there honey. Speed work breeds speed, but this training has very little to do with that. If you want speed, then next time you should work towards 5 and 10k's with races not so spread apart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blah, Blah, Blah. I'm going out for a tempo run in a few minutes, and it better be fast! (kiddding...)

    ReplyDelete